martes, 6 de octubre de 2020

UNIT 1 Task 1: Research on the Bokeh effect by famous photographers

1.1 For Task 1 we had to shoot some photos showing the Bokeh Effect and choose the same from famous photographers, in my case I choose my 3 favourites ones.

 

Horacio Coppola (31 July 1906 – 18 June 2012) was an Argentine photographer and filmmaker, and the husband of the German photographer Grete Stern. He was one of the pioneers photographers from Argentina and a key figure in Modernism. One of the main reasons I choose him is because I was fortunate enough to see an exhibition of his work when I went to Argentina and it was exquisite.

1. La Recova (1936)

2. Calle Florida (1936)

3. Escaleras en Calle Corrientes( 1928)


Robert Capa (born Endre Ernő Friedmann;October 22, 1913 – May 25, 1954) was a Hungarian-American war photographer and photojournalist as well as the companion and professional partner of photographer Gerda Taro. He is considered by some to be the greatest combat and adventure photographer in history.

1. Woman runs away from the Bombs (Barcelona 1939)

2. Loyalist Militiaman at the moment of Death (1936)

3. The Magnificent Eleven ( June 1944)



Gerta Pohorylle (1 August 1910 – 26 July 1937), known professionally as Gerda Taro, was a German Jewish war photographer active during the Spanish Civil War. She is regarded as the first woman photojournalist to have died while covering the frontline in a war.

1. Refugee girl (Barcelona 1939)

2. Republican Militiawoman (Barcelona 1939)

3. Republicans next to Nationalist slogans (Brunete 1937)


The three of them used Leica cameras and even that they lived in the same period of time their photographies could not be more different. While I loved the work of Coppola showing the "Daily Argentina" style, I growed exposed to Capa and Taro work as they recorded the history of my family's country.  I admired their work and how they where commited to it to the point that both died during wars doing what they loved.

I really enjoyed this task, looking for their photos and learning their history.


0 comments:

Publicar un comentario