sábado, 20 de febrero de 2021

Unit 2: Task 4 (AC 2.3, 2.4)

Project summary

I think I changed my Project at least 6 times. I always felt that it was not quite there until I finally decided to express myself a bit more with my shots. COVID hit me close to home, my sisters are essential workers in a supermarket, so I knew I had to pay some tribute with my shots.

For my Project I tried to show what was Covid at home but I also wanted to show how it was outside. In order to be able to do that I decided to brave the lockdown (following all the safety requirements and wearing a facemask) and try to represent i ton my photos.

My Shot

Canon EOS 250D 1/60s, f/4, ISO 1600 24mm

I chose this shot as “my shot” because it combines the best of my Project how covid affects at home and how was outside. The shot shows my sister at work, she is an essential worker at Sainsbury’s and while working she got Covid. I decided to turn the shot in black and white cause I felt like it was the kick missing. In the shot you can see how she is picking a customers food shop and at the same time the background is more like a scenario as you can see lots of gaps in the produce.

For many maybe, this will be a common shot, but for me represents everything. How covid affected my family, how it affected the world and how it change it for ever. 

Home sweet Home: Outside edition

Canon EOS 250D 1/60s, f/4, ISO 1600 24mm

I went for a walk to Kingston upon Thames and it was a huge difference. It was the first time I saw my hometown empty. The market place is such a beautiful landmark and its always busy and full of life but seeing it empty was a shock. No food stalls, no human interaction, just silence.


Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II 1/1250s, f/5, ISO 125 10mm

After so many months in lockdown, during my stroll I saw lots of shops permanent closed. Covid hit hard retail this last year and sadly the closed stores made the town even more ghostly. What I like about this shot is the shadow of a beautiful historic bulding casting over the closed stores.


Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II 1/1250s, f/4, ISO 125 9mm

Have you ever seen Clarence Street so empty? Even that the essential shops were open, Kingston was ghost town. As I commented on my previous photo, covid hit hard on the main street too. Even now we can see lots of empty shops with the to let sign on them.



Canon PowerShot G7X Mark II 1/30s, f/2.8, ISO 125 9mm

I took this photo when I went to take the shot of my sister at work. Here you can see how it affected my sister workplace, even that it was at opening time, most shelfs were empty.



Canon EOS 250D 1/400s, f/3.5, ISO 100 23mm

When takeaway was the only option, this beautiful corner of Kingston with all the coffee shops was like a desert. I really love this photo, how empty it is but at the same time the umbrella is standing there like the protagonist of the shot.


Canon EOS 250D 1/100s, f/4, ISO 100 24mm

At the end of my stroll I passed by my job at Bentalls. I wanted to see how they put the safety measures and I was surprised by how quiet the centre was. After I talked and asked permission to one of the security guys I shot this image where no one is in sight except the social distancing signs.


0 comments:

Publicar un comentario