lunes, 1 de febrero de 2021

Unit 2: Task 2 (AC 2.1, 2.2) Home is...

 Unit 2.2 Photographic images - Documentary photograph


Home is...

I think if you ask this question to a group of people everyone will come with a different answer. I started to move non stop since 2002 when I left Argentina. Every year or two years I moved sometimes even country! 

So my concept of home change a lot same as I was moving. At first I thought Home was where my stuff was, now after so many years I realized that Home is where I feel safe and my family is. 

During this lockdowns I got the time to enjoy my home. I learnt new recipes, played a lot of games, read lots of books. Even that my stay at home was nice I got some downfalls in my life. 

In my Home is I tried to document a bit of the ups and downs of Lockdown.


1. Come in

My entry way became the cleaning point, sanitize yourself and protect the rest. For more than a year my sideboard keep holding hand sanitizer, facemask, a lint roller and my keys. I'm allergic to Aloe Vera so I'm use to carry bottles of sanitizer with me just in case.

2. Banana nana na

One of my favourite things about lockdown is that I got more time to cook and experiment more in the kitchen. Banana Bread is the staple cake that everyone made around the world on lockdown. While my sister was isolating with covid and my brother in law couldnt leave the house, my mum and myself baked them cakes and cook them comfort food dishes to try to help them and support them. Banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts was their favourite.

3. Home test

Sadly even that I rarelly left my home (due to health conditions) I got a few scares with Covid-19. During this year I got hometest done and a couple more at the hospital. My last one was in a walking testing site and it was a quite curious experience and it will be a future story for sure!

4.Zooming Zoom

Zoom lessons, teams meetings, skype calls, you name it. Sometimes life and family get in the middle. In my case I'm lucky my cats kind of behave most of the time... I think the trickiest part for me was taking my BSL lessons because as you sign the cats tend to like to play with your hands. 

5. Moving time


So, I moved out! Life got hard and complicated. Imagine being surrounded by boxes and try to take nice shots when you got stuff all over the place. 

Here are two of my favourite extras shoots:


Cleo and Toast made my lockdown 100% way better. I was so lucky to be able to spend more time with them during this pandemic. I have to say they are getting more comfortable with the camera been around them.

My sister Denise got Covid and was quite bad, it was one of the most scary things ever. After spending 3 weeks ill and 2 more isolating when she got the all clear, she went back to work as she is an essential worker. Even that she was tired she kept working during the whole pandemic. 



0 comments:

Publicar un comentario